FULL STACK Developer
$70,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
We adhere to all Alberta COVID-19 protocols
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What you’ll be doing:
Our Engineers are responsible for reviewing and writing code within implementations of customized client databases that will help customers streamline their business with A4 SQC. The Full Stack Engineer will analyze a clients’ business processes and ensure the SQC system conforms to these processes. They will also suggest changes that improve business-technology workflows. You will create modifications to specific instances of A4’s applications based on our clients’ requirements.
- Develop client solution as part of a cross-functional team consisting of business advisors, other developers, and customer
- Have ownership of the assigned software modules/applications and deliver quality software solutions for projects on-time
- Design/develop an effective and scalable integrated solution within SQC or third party application integration
- Develop and design RESTful services and APIs
- Troubleshoot, debug, fix and upgrade software and ensure client software solution works robustly in the field
- Adhere to and promote best software programming practices such as coding standards, code and design reviews and test coverage
- Support any migration and software refresh activities
- Strategize organizational direction on emerging technology platforms and communicate the effectiveness to executive stakeholders
Who you are:
- Bachelor Degree Computer Science
- Frontend: Functional knowledge of HTML and SASS/ LESS/CSS
- 5+ years experience working with any Object-Oriented programming language: Python preferred
- Familiarity with database architecture and design concepts (UML/ERD)
- Strong knowledge of Linux, PHP and MySQL, with working understanding of MongoDB, PostgreSQL, AngularJS, Express.js, React, and Node.js.
- Experience in API design and development.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, system design, and algorithms
- Ability to debug and optimize existing tailored solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with other members of the team and with external business partners & customers.
- Unix/Linux platform
- Professional technical communication and writing ability