DATA SCIENTIST – MACHINE LEARNING
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our product development team with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets to improve business outcomes.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field
Minimum 5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
Contract position with opportunity to be permanent after 6 months
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop and test custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Develop testing framework and test model quality
- Process large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources
- Design experiments and collect data for the purpose of deriving data analytics insights and solutions
- Experiment with multiple Best Fit algorithms
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Experience working with and creating data architectures
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience working with Big Data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: MySQL
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders
- Interest in predicting trends and identifying patterns
- Strong investigative and observation skills
- Critical thinking