Software Engineer – Data Platform
We adhere to all Alberta COVID-19 protocols.
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate proactively with a distributed team
- Write high quality code to create new features
- Debug issues and interact with upstream communities, in the open
- Work with helpful and talented engineers including experts in many fields
- Discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
Who you are:
- You love technology and working with interesting people
- You have a Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
- You are familiar with Kubernetes and believe it can be used for serious persistent data services
- You are a Python programmer that enjoys challenging projects in mission-critical environments
- You have an interest in open source database technologies like Postgres and Cassandra
- You are familiar with DevOps concepts and technologies
- Experienced with Linux