DOCKER AND KUBERNETES ADMINISTRATOR
6 month contract with opportunity to become permanent upon contract completion.
Full-time, Contract, Permanent
We adhere to all COVID-19 protocols
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What we need:
We are looking for a Specialized Administrator with expertise in Docker and Kubernetes. They will be responsible for defining and implementing our containerization technology strategies. They will also design our architecture and define our roadmap. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications of ours, and making our container orchestration cluster highly available.
The candidate has to be an expert in Docker and containerization technologies. They must have knowledge about container orchestration tools like Kubernetes and logging/monitoring tools for these orchestration tools. They will also be responsible for building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines and keeping themselves and their team up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies.
What you’ll be doing:
The main and routine tasks of this position are to:
- Develop and maintain an advanced platform to manage Kubernetes clusters lifecycle
- Develop tools for automated build, test, deployment and management of the platform
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality
- Perform system & application patching
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures
- Participate in the definition of standards, guidelines and best practices
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards
- Answer user’s query and service requests
- Participate in R&D effort bringing new ideas and new technologies
- Carry out all other related tasks
- Implement and improve monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available systems on Kubernetes.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Implement an auto-scaling system for our Kubernetes nodes.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux system administration/DevOps.
- Operations or systems administration experience, particularly on Linux.
- Must have real-world experience on scalable containerized systems
- Enterprise level of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and cloud deployment technologies
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Experience with alerting tools like OpsGenie, PagerDuty, etc.
- Expertise with Linux Scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Expertise with Source Control Management (Git, Gitlab, etc.)
- Expertise with CI/CD (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Travis Ci, etc.)
- Expertise with Configuration Management (Ansible, SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Expertise with Monitoring (Prometheus, Sensu, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge with Linux environments
- Knowledge of Cloud infrastructures (OpenStack, AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
- Knowledge of Web Servers (Nginx, Apache, etc.)
- Knowledge in RESTful API design and implementation
- Knowledge in the development of high-performance and fault-tolerant systems
- Knowledge in distributed systems programming
- Experience with Go programming language an asset
- Experience with Docker an asset
- Experience running Kubernetes in production an asset
- Experience in large-scale production deployments an asset
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to communicate with remote teams
- Ability to make complex information accessible
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance.
- Candidate must present with honesty, integrity and maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Be a team player
- Have good interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize