ENTERPRISE DATA ENGINEER
We adhere to all Alberta COVID-19 protocols.
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What you’ll be doing:
This is an excellent opportunity to develop practical solutions to real world industrial data problems. The focus is on backend development implementing data pipelines in a microservices environment without relying on GCP or AWS tooling. You will develop integrations with our ERP platform to customise and extend functionality.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or equivalent
- This is an intermediate role for a developer with 3-5 years experience who is ready to take on new challenges.
- Experience in the Open Source ecosystem is key along with proven ability to acquire new skills.
- A desire and capacity to learn are key.
- Rapid implementation of solutions – with a focus on delivery followed by iterations to build on success.
- Ability to manage multiple technologies to create comprehensive backend solutions.
3-5 years of Experience with the following:
- Apache Kafka – deal breaker
- Apache Spark – deal breaker
Nice to Have:
- Apache NiFi
- noSQL, ideally Cassandra
- Odoo ERP