Linux Cryptography and Security Engineer
We adhere to all Alberta COVID-19 protocols.
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the Security Certifications engineers to achieve and retain various Security certifications
- Work with the Manager on scoping, prioritization and resourcing for all team’s deliverable
- Extend and enhance Linux cryptographic components – specifically with modules such as OpenSSL/Libgcrypt – with the features and functionality required for FIPS and CC certification
- Collaborate with external security consultants to test and validate kernel and crypto components, achieve and retain FIPS and CC certification, and develop CIS benchmarks and STIGs for Ubuntu
- Work in partnership with the internal project manager to ensure delivery against project goals and milestones, identifying technical risks and mitigating them
- Contribution to continuous integration infrastructure: automated testing and validation
- Self-discipline and self-motivation to support and perform day-to-day engineering activities and deliver to schedules in a globally distributed team
- Communication and collaboration within and outside A4 Systems to rapidly resolve issues and keep the project on track
Who you are:
- Significant experience working with open source libraries
- Knowledge of Linux Security and Cryptography
- Experience with patching and associated tooling: identifying, isolating, applying and testing patches, and resolving any resulting issues
- General Linux development skills (C proficiency, Git experience, debugging with GDB)
- Experience with bash scripting
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Software packaging and maintenance experience, especially using Debian packaging
- Knowledge of and familiarity with low-level Linux cryptography APIs and debugging
- Experience working with Linux Kernel
- Familiarity with open source development tools and methodologies, especially those in common-use for development of the Linux ecosystem such as: Launchpad, IRC, and mailing-lists.
- Knowledge of security benchmarks such as STIG and CIS benchmarks.
- Security Certification experience and knowledge in FIPS and/or CC
- Experience with OVAL (Open Vulnerability Assessment Language) and Go