LINUX FIRMWARE DEVELOPER
Full-time, Contract, Permanent
We follow Alberta Health and Safety guidelines pertaining to COVID-19
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as an individual and as part of a team to understand system behaviors.
- Participate in multi-functional teams to solve complex problems.
- Collaborate with hardware and software teams to analyze system interactions.
- Perform design and code tests and reviews and recommend improvements.
- Develop firmware algorithms to handle exceptional conditions and errors.
- Install and verify the firmware on embedded system.
- Troubleshoot system, performance and functional issues with firmware.
- Execute projects within defined scope, budget and timelines.
- Evaluate technical specification for correctness and completeness.
- Prepare reports on project status, issues and risks for management.
- Assist in optimizing firmware to achieve performance standards.
- Provide product support to customers promptly and accurately.
- Ensure in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Creation of data collection systems
Who you are:
- Minimum B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in the following areas:
- Linux Firmware, systems integration, and device integration
- Programming in C and Python
- Object oriented design
- Object oriented languages (C++)
- Ability to build data collection systems
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills