POSTGRESQL AND CASSANDRA ADMINISTRATOR
We adhere to all Alberta COVID-19 protocols.
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
We are looking for a PostgreSQL and Cassandra DBA with data science, big data, and cluster exp.
What you’ll be doing:
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Assist with database design and development
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Design maintenance procedures and putting them into operation
- Manage database security/integrity and backup procedures
- Implement security measures
- Test and modify databases to ensure that they operate reliably
- Write disaster recovery plans
- Archive data.
- Guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in database administration or database architecture
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Experience with Big Data and clusters is necessary
- Experience with Linux environment
- Extensive experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL, Cassandra)
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Experience in querying databases and using statistical computer languages: Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: MySQL