We adhere to all Alberta COVID-19 protocols.
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with product development teams to identify tech debt in the underlying systems and formulate a plan to address it
- Actively developing on infrastructure systems, and product code owned by product teams
- Resourcefulness in identifying and resolving technical issues
- Discussing client’s requirements and the proposed solution with a senior developer
- Use development tools to write and test code to develop solutions
- Define and execute test cases
- Testing and modifying systems to ensure they operate reliably
- Create documentation and operating manuals
- Fault finding, diagnosing and fixing bugs
- Work independently with little supervision
- Span the full development life cycle from project creation to field support
- Write behavioural and design specifications
- Perform code reviews
Who you are:
- Computer science, software engineering or similar degree
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues with innovative solutions
- Strong knowledge of programming languages such as C/C++ and Java
- Strong organization, planning and communication skills
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Excellent communicator. You will be collaborating with team members across multiple product teams and disciplines.
- Aptitude for working independently while coordinating with a small team
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their effect on a commercial environment