Technical Project Manager
We adhere to all Alberta COVID protocols
Who we are:
Competing in a data-driven world, most businesses struggle to capture real value from data and analytics. Data management constraints cause mid-size and large companies to miss key opportunities in the value chain. Companies are left vulnerable to underwhelming performance and encroachment by competitors.
A4 Systems is a world-class team of cyber physical system product developers, transforming quality data into primary competitive advantage. A trusted partner to industries like manufacturing, agriculture, and energy, A4 builds mission-critical SaaS products for customers to achieve breakthrough performance.
Technical project managers are tasked with managing projects with top-down oversight from inception to completion. You must ensure that all projects adhere to the required standards of budget, timeline and scope. You must also develop project plans that meet client needs with company goals, and coordinate team managers and technical personnel throughout all stages of the project.
The Technical PM position has the opportunity to become a permanent employee upon contract completion.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget, and timeline.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Monitor project progress continuously and make detailed scheduled reports on measurable items, such as milestones and deliverables.
- Lead hardware and software design teams to implement new programs that will create products, applications, and other projects to benefit the company.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements.
- Analyze economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost benefit and return-on-investment standards.
- Review proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, managers, and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with vendors.
- Anticipate details of future projects by communicating directly with customers and staying informed of relevant trends and industry news.
- Track technical issues and find solutions for program problems as they arise.
- Review test code and designs frequently to ensure that program goals are being met.
Who you are:
Top candidates should have excellent problem-solving skills with at least 8 years of technical project management experience, including development work. You should have the ability to anticipate the needs of future projects by communicating with clients and staying abreast of relevant shifts in the industry.
- PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- Extensive manufacturing and supply chain experience
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Minimum 8 years of technical management experience, including development work
- Excellent written and verbal communication